Pakhobby.com

News: Join Forum Today. To Help each other...
PakHobby.com Administration Looking for Global Moderator.

For Any Problem, please Don't hesitate to Contact at admin@pakhobby.com

Building Log of QuadCopter (Read 18430 times)

Aviator

more
  • Global Moderator
Building Log of QuadCopter
December 23, 2017, 02:04:01 PM
Salaam To All,

First of All, i would like to thank Pakhobby.com that they started a Great Platform for Pakistani Hobbyists. And i would love to show everything i do for this Hobby.

So this time i am willing to build a QuadCopter. And i am totally Newbie to MultiRotos BUT Thanks alot to Sir.Captain to Brief on Multirotors. i read everything you wrote and that is so Useful for me.

https://pakhobby.com/Forum/index.php?topic=11.0

So at the moment, i am Having following Parts, if i got any part Wrong for this project, please help me and Correct me. Thanks

So, here is the List of Parts i Already have.

1     1x F450 QuadCopter Frame with integrated PCB connections for direct soldering of ESCs.
2     4x Emax CF2822    Brushless motors
3     4x Hobbywing Skywalker ESCs
4     1x K.K Flight Control Board  v 5.5
5     1x propeller Balancer
6     1x 6 channel Radio (T6) FlySky
7     1x Turnigy Nano-tech 3S 2200mah Battery

At the moment, i am having these parts available with me. And i am Happy that i can Buy all other remaining parts within Pakistan.

But i am Confuse About propeller Size. i am thinking to use 8x6 (Left-right) Propeller. if any has please pm me.

@ Sir.Captain,
is there Anything like CG in QuadCopter???

i will post updates Soon as i go ahead.

Thanks in Advance for any advice or helps.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:07:46 PM by Aviator »

Aviator

more
  • Global Moderator
#1 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
December 24, 2017, 11:54:17 AM
Salaam to All,

Well... it hard to build a QuadCopter for the first time. But it is more fun to build one rather than just just a RTF. The Harder it gets it bring more fun.

i am tried to take photo of every thing i did in building Quadcopter. Have a look....

And Sorry the motor i had to change Because of Mount Size that the mount was unable to fit on the Frame so could not tie the Motors to the Frame.

So now i am Using A2212/10T 1400KV Motor. Hope it will do good.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:20:32 PM by Aviator »

biggerB

more
#2 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
December 24, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
For your question about propeller size; the motors you're using are 1200 kv motors with 18A current capacity, which means you should be using 8040 or 7060 propellers for use with a 3S battery.

For your question about CG, yes, you do have to keep CG in mind, simply have the CG in the dead center of the quad, which in your case would be right at the center of middle PCB structure.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:22:48 PM by Aviator »

Aviator

more
  • Global Moderator
#3 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
December 25, 2017, 12:15:45 PM
@BiggerB

Thanks for your Help. Actually i am using a 1400Kv Motor NOT 1200Kv.

And i got the datasheet of this motor as,

Specifications:
Number of Cells: 2-3s lipo; 6-10 cell NiMh
Max Efficiency Current: 6-12A (>75%)
No Load Current (10v): .7A
Max Current: 16A/60s
Max Efficiency: 78%
Internal Resistance: 65mΩ
Shaft Size: 3.17mm
Poles: 14
Max Watts: 180w
Weight: 47g
Dimensions: 27.5x30 (mm)
Minimum Recommended ESC: 20A
Recommended Model Weight: 300-800g

So i think you are Right that i should choose 8x4 Propeller for max Thurst But will have to secrifies the efficiency.  And on Max it should give me thrust of around 3.00Kg with all four Motors But will draw 16A x 4 = 64 Ampares at 11.1 Voltage. And i have a Turnigy Nano-tech 2200mah with 25-50C.   will it be OK to use this Battery with this Configuration??????

2nd thing is, i am Confuse about how to tie the flight Control Board to frame as neither frame nor board came with anything to tie. as i think i cannot tight them with Screws, as they will break the board.

I had 3 Motors of this One. looking for the Fourth one Around.

Thanks

Waiting for more Help....

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:23:06 PM by Aviator »

captain

more
#4 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
December 28, 2017, 01:59:48 AM
A couple of comments on your log that you've linked:

The motor's spec says their maximum current it 16A, and that can only be maintained for 60 seconds without harming the motor. So operating maximum should be considered to be maybe 13A or so.

You haven't mentioned what amps rating your ESCs have. In my view they should be 20A, so that they can carry a bit more current than the motors are rated for, but are not too heavy.

As for prop size and pitch, I normally go for what the motor manufacturer recommends for the battery voltage you propose to use, so in this case 8x4 seems right. So long as the chosen prop and motor can supply more than enough power to get the quad airborne, the flight controller will adjust the individual motor speeds, and hence their power, to achieve stable flight.

On the basis of maximum 13A per motor, you're looking at a possible maximum 52A. A 2200mAh battery rated at 25C can theoretically achieve that (2.2 x 25 = 55A), so your proposed 25C-50C pack should be good.

Aviator

more
  • Global Moderator
#5 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
December 28, 2017, 12:09:32 PM
@ Sir Captain,

Thanks a lot for your Kind Help. Yesterday i Completed my Quad as Shown in the Picture, thanks to http://www.mreeco.com for the Last Motor i bought from. And it was Really Quick. But the Quad is very Very unstable, i tries to stabilize it so many times through its 3 potentiometers. But it is still very unstable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuQBYzCxjIA

i tried to do everything in this video to stabilize it. but it is very unstable.

at the momen, i am using 8x4x3 props But i am going to replace them with 8x4 pairs. And yes! i am using 3 20A ECS Hobbywing Skywalker ESCs and 1 30A ESC. i hope it will not effect anything in any way.

please help me about how to stabilize the Quad???
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:07:13 PM by Aviator »

Aviator

more
  • Global Moderator
#6 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
December 29, 2017, 09:59:21 PM
Problem solved today morning when i found that all four motors are Asychronized with each other. Recalibrating all four ESCs through Flight Control board solved the problem.
And the Copter improved its Stability.
Looking for a fine free day for flying....
And i will upload a flying video soon :)

Aviator

more
  • Global Moderator
#7 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
January 08, 2018, 03:19:36 PM
It is still unstable  :'(

Can Somebody help me??????

captain

more
#8 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
January 25, 2018, 12:37:04 PM
I think you are New to Quads, So please Practice First then i think your Quad will be Stable.     ;D ;D ;D

ayubkhan5130

more
#9 Re: Building Log of QuadCopter
March 31, 2018, 01:30:10 PM
you can google..